Care Management Services
Care Management – How Does It Work?
Caregiver Champion promotes the health, dignity, rights and quality of life for caregivers, the chronically disabled and seniors. We offer services that make a difference in people’s lives, helping clients and their families select the best options for their needs and protecting the rights and well-being of people living in long-term care facilities. We provide our clients with a comprehensive assessment, excellent care and a specialized care plan that is constantly monitored.
Over 1/3 of our clients have family members that live out of town. Caregiver Champion provides extensive Care Management services to these families to ensure their loved one is being cared for appropriately in our area. This reduces their stress and saves them time and money.
- It begins with a comprehensive medical and psychosocial assessment.
- A Plan of Care and a Personal Healthcare Record is developed.
- Education is provided to the client and family concerning the disease process.
- Medication management is provided by a Registered Nurse, who monitors the medication or assists the client with a medication dispensing system.
- A nurse to accompany your loved one to medical appointments.
- A home-safety plan is developed by a physical therapist who completes a home assessment and suggests whether medical alarms may be needed.
- Provide caregiver support groups and education
- A Registered Nurse or other health care professionals may need to oversee a Telehealth system to monitor the client’s symptoms and is available to accompany clients to appointments.
- The Caregiver Champion team monitors the Plan of Care so that the client continues to maintain their highest level of individual functioning.