We have 10 tips to keep you, the caregiver in a position to keep caring those you love.
1. Put your oxygen mask on first! You must take care of yourself before you can take care of others.
2. Take time for yourself, even if you have to get up a half hour earlier (exercise, meditate, pray, listen to music)
3. Maintain Proper Diet
4. Overcome Guilt It is okay to say NO!
5. Do something important or fun for you at least once a week – Shop, spa, sports, manicure etc.
6. Do not be a martyr! It is okay to ask for help.
7. Find a support group. You are not alone!
8. AARP provides an online Caregiver Resource Center. www.aarp.org/home-family/caregiver/
9. Alzheimer Association a great resource. www.alz.org/pa/
10. Contact Senior Assistance 412 952-6944 or email@example.com